General terms and conditions of sale
General terms and conditions of sale of ww.platex.com
· Share capital of 365 877,64 euros.
· Head office at 1 boulevard Charles de Gaulle, Hall A - 92700 Colombes, France
· Telephone +33 (0) 1 41 92 90 00
· VAT ID: FR 47 302 456 520
· Registered in the Business and Companies' Register, Nanterre 302 456 520
1. SALES POLICY
1. PLATEX sells articles directly on the "Online Shop" and carries out its own electronic trading activity exclusively for the end users who are the consumer customers.
2. By "consumer" PLATEX means any able individual who has reached legal age, is not under guardianship or supervision measures and is not purchasing for the purposes of any enterprise or business activity.
3. In the light of the above sales policy, PLATEX reserves the right to refuse orders from any user who does not match the given definition of a consumer or any orders that do not conform to its sales policy.
4. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale exclusively govern the product offer, the acceptance of orders for the purchase of products and the payment, delivery and possible returns of the articles ordered by the customer from PLATEX in its "Online Shop".
5. In choosing to buy PLATEX articles from the "Online Shop" the customer expressly and irrevocably accepts the terms of PLATEX’s General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
6. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale will prevail over any other general or special terms and conditions not expressly approved by PLATEX.
7. PLATEX reserves the right to modify its General Terms and Conditions of Sale. The applicable terms and conditions will be those in force on the date of the order by the customer.
2. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ARTICLES PROPOSED
1. Only part of the public products are offered for sale. Under no circumstances, the products of the CHR/Collectivités and Publicité (French terms) range be purchased online at . The articles proposed are those shown in the PLATEX "Online Shop".
2. These articles are proposed within the limits of available stocks
3. The article photographs and descriptions are as faithful as possible, we cannot vouch for their total likeliness with the article proposed, particularly with regard to the colours. PLATEX may not in any circumstances be held liable for any disparities or errors, particularly technical or typographical, that may appear, nor may the customer have any right to make a claim against such disparities or errors.
3. HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER
1. The language available for concluding the contract is French.
2. To conclude a contract for the purchase of one or more articles from the "Online Shop", the customer must:
1. (a) fill in the electronic identification form, giving all the requested contact details.
2. (b) fill in the electronic order form. The order form contains information concerning the key characteristics of each of the articles ordered and the relevant price (including any applicable tax and duty), the means of payment that the customer may use to buy each article and the arrangements for delivering the article(s).
3. (c) confirm the order, having first checked it and corrected any errors.
4. (d) choose the method used to pay for the order and, where relevant, make the payment under the conditions set out in article 7.
5. (e) confirm the order and its payment.
3. All the information provided and the recorded confirmation will act as proof of the transaction. Confirmation is equivalent to a signature and acceptance of the operations carried out.
4. REGISTERING THE ORDER
1. The order will not be finally registered until the order summary screen has been confirmed. Following this final confirmation, the order is considered to be irrevocable and may only be altered under the conditions set out below.
2. The order form will be archived in the PLATEX database for the time required to ship the order and comply with legal deadlines. The customer may access his order form on request.
5. ORDER CONFIRMATION
1. Once the contract has been concluded in accordance with the described order procedure, PLATEX will send the customer an email receipt for his order summarizing the information contained in the registered order form.
2. PLATEX recommends that the customer should keep and/or print this receipt as it is proof of the order.
3. However, this email confirms only that PLATEX has registered the customer’s order and not that the ordered article(s) is/are available.
4. If the article(s) ordered from the "Online Shop" is/are no longer available or on sale at the time when the customer sends in the order form, PLATEX will inform the customer, as soon as possible and in all cases within thirty (30) working days of the day following which the customer sent in the order form to PLATEX, as to whether the article(s) ordered is/are available.
6. SALE PRICE
1. The sale price of the articles is expressed in euros, including VAT but excluding delivery charges. The customer must pay the cost of any delivery charges set out in article 10 below, unless PLATEX has agreed otherwise in writing.
2. The price of the articles may change at any time. The sale price used for the purchase of each article is the price shown in the "Online Shop" at the moment at which the order was registered, except in the event of a typographical error.
3. Any change in the VAT (Value Added Tax) rate will be reflected immediately in the sale price of the articles.
4. Any order placed in the PLATEX E-shop may be subject to taxes and customs duties in the country to which the articles are delivered. The customer must pay these extra delivery costs and will remain liable for them. Please refer to the customs website for your country for further information.
7. PAYMENT METHODS AND INVOICING
1. All purchases made in the "Online Shop" are payable with the order.
2. To pay the sale price of the article(s) ordered, the customer may use one of the payment methods shown in the order form.
3. Only credit cards and PayPal payments are accepted.
1. (a) PLATEX will never use this information for any purpose other than completing the procedures relating to the customer’s purchase, processing refunds following any article returns or informing the competent authorities of any fraudulent activity on the "Online Shop".
2. (b) PLATEX reserves the right to suspend the order and delivery process if payment authorization is refused.
4. PLATEX reserves the right to refuse to make a delivery or honour an order placed by a customer who has not totally or partially paid for a previous order or with whom the company is currently involved in a dispute over payment.
5. PLATEX reserves the right to prosecute any person who uses or attempts to use fraudulent means of payment.
8. DELIVERY ARRANGEMENTS
1. The articles are delivered to the address entered by the customer on the order form, which must be within the geographical delivery zone.
2. If the Customer is absent when the articles are delivered, a delivery notification will be placed in his letter box.
3. The delivery is considered to have been completed on the date of the first presentation of the ordered article(s) in its/their parcel at the delivery address entered by the customer in the order form.
4. The ordered article(s) will handed over in exchange for the customer’s signature on the delivery note.
5. The customer is bound to check that the packaging is in good condition and that the articles delivered conform to the order before signing the delivery note. Any defect or non-compliance concerning the delivery such as, for example, damage, a missing or damaged article, must be recorded on the delivery note and accompanied by the customer’s signature.
6. The customer must confirm the detected defect or non-compliance by sending the carrier a letter of complaint by recorded delivery, copied to PLATEX, giving details of the defect or non-compliance observed within fifteen (15) working days of the date on which the articles were delivered to the customer.
7. If the customer does not make a complaint within the above-mentioned deadline, the delivered articles will be considered to be compliant, undamaged and accepted. No damaged or non-compliant article may be exchanged unless it has first been returned and received by PLATEX, on good condition, as delivered by the carrier and in its original packaging.
9. DELIVERY TIMES
1. Except in cases of Force Majeure as defined in article 14, delivery times will be within the limits of available stocks, as set out below. Normal delivery time; 15 working days.
2. If PLATEX is unable to deliver within the times shown, the customer will be offered a refund or a substitute article of equivalent value.
3. PLATEX may not be held liable for any late delivery for any reason whatsoever, and the customer may not claim any form of compensation whatsoever from PLATEX.
10. DELIVERY CHARGES
1. The customer must pay the delivery charges unless agreed otherwise in writing by PLATEX
11. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
1. The customer has a fourteen-day right of withdrawal following the delivery of the order placed in the "Online Shop"; this period is extended if the seventh day is a Saturday or a Sunday.
2. During this period, the customer may return the article(s).
3. PLATEX will only accept such a return if:
(a) The customer has contacted PLATEX before returning one or more articles, by calling +33 (0) 1 41 92 90 00 or send an email to email@example.com
(b) The returned article(s) must not have been used, modified, washed or damaged.
(c) The returned article(s) is/are still in its/their original packaging.
(d) The returned article(s) is/are sent in one or more shipments.
4. If the Customer exercises his right of withdrawal in accordance with the above conditions, PLATEX will refund any sums already received as payment for the purchase of the article(s), net of the delivery charges for the ordered articles.
5. The sums already received will be refunded as soon as possible and, in all cases, within thirty (30) working days of the date on which PLATEX was informed by the customer of his wish to exercise his right of withdrawal, regardless of the payment method used.
6. If the customer has not complied with the conditions for exercising his right of withdrawal as described above, he may have the article(s) sent back to him by PLATEX, at his own expense and in the condition in which they were returned to PLATEX.
12. CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. To request information or make a complaint, the customer may contact PLATEX on +33 (0) 1 41 92 90 00 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. RETENTION OF TITLE AND TRANSFER OF RISKS
1. Platex expressly retains title over the article(s) delivered until the price has been paid in full (principal and interest).
2. The simple handover of payment orders does not constitute a payment.
3. If the customer fails to meet his payment obligations, for any reason whatsoever, PLATEX will have the right to demand the immediate return of the delivered articles at the customer’s expense.
4. The above provisions do not prevent the risk of loss or deterioration being transferred to the customer. The customer is liable for the risk of loss or deterioration from the moment at which the products leave PLATEX’s premises.
14. FORCE MAJEURE
PLATEX may not be held liable for any violation of its contractual obligations in the event of a case of force majeure or an Act of God such as disaster, fire, internal or external strike, internal or external failures or breakdowns and, in general terms, any unforeseeable,
1. PLATEX will archive order forms and invoices on a reliable, durable medium constituting a faithful copy.
2. PLATEX’s computerized registers will be considered by the parties to be proof of the communication, orders, payments and transactions that have taken place between them.
16. APPLICABLE LAW AND SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
1. These online terms and conditions of sale are subject to French law.
2. In the event of a dispute, the matter will be referred to the competent French courts, even in cases of multiple defendants or the introduction of third parties.